Thursday, May 15, 2008

Zulfa talks a lot now

I envy my friends who are able to teach their kids english well.I wish I could be as constant in speaking english as they are.I have tried to mix speaking english with bahasa with Zulfa, and I think she understands what I say -well,provided that I accompany them with gestures.

Me: Zulfa dont 'pukul' your brother Muadz. (gesture of 'pukul')
Me: If you 'pukul'/ hit your brother Muadz, he will cry.. (action of crying and introducing the word 'hit'.
Me: Come here Zulfa.
Zulfa: Zulfa nak lukis lagi..(sambil menunjukkan lukisan)
Me: Are you drawing Muadz?
Zulfa: Ha'ah ini Muadz la..
Me: Where is Amir then?
Zulfa: Nanti Zulfa lukis Amiir pegang tangan Zulfa.
Me: Where is the Sun?
Zulfa: Kejap. Ha...dah siap.Ini sun.
Me: What about some flowers on Zulfa's baju (rasanya dia belum tahu perkataan baju).
Zulfa: Ha'ah, Zulfa lupa. Zulfa nak lukis banyak-banyak flowers...dan star.
zulfa dan boring
That is what happens when she is really in....drawing. She can spend hours. And its astonishing that she can actually immitate the way I draw - for instant hair first then the face, or face frst then the eyes and the rest.
zulfa tekun melukis

She enjoys watching Barney and Sesame Street. She remembers the songs well. I think English can be well learnt through songs.

No comments: