Saturday, May 15, 2010

Study has begun



There are so many things to tell, but i will do it slowly as time permits.

I'm busy now reading investment cases for our investment arbitration practice classes next week. I am very fortunate here that there are many interesting classes that I can audit,those expensive ones if you are not from the centre. I have already took a course on contracts in oil and gas. It is worth of USD 2+++ outside. I have to however be careful that the classes dont take too much of my time. I need time for my studies, but as my supervisor says, its good to get exposure from the classes on the terms / concepts/ concerns that may be useful in my topic area. This course, in particular (investment arbitration) is indeed the first in my sv's list.


No wonder my sv says that it is interesting..its mooting!! No wonder he says that I will be benefitting a lot from it...I am practically reading / have to read eight arbitral awards, BITs, 3-4 regulations in just 3 days!! And on the first day, we were reminded that whether or not we are registered or audit students, participation comes first!

As I could envisage, in moot activities, reading alone is not enough. Reading must be in the view of presenting it. And presenting it must be co-related to the moot problem, the treaties, rules and other relevant cases. This definitely remind me of my students in their mooting trainings. I'm in it now guys! Wish me luck!

Wookay, got to continue reading!

No comments: